We are passionate about our curriculum and work hard to ensure that our themes are inspiring and stimulate learning for all our children.
Our Curriculum Aims
We aim to:
• Provide a set of exciting learning experiences, underpinned by our learning and six ethos values:
• Have engaged learners who take more ownership of their learning.
• Provide regular opportunities for learning in the natural environment (LINE), including a commitment to Forest Schools
• Ensure strong teaching and learning of cookery and growing skills linked to our Food for Life Partnership
• Use time to the best effect; this means that some subjects/areas of learning will be taught on a daily basis, with teachers and learners having more ownership for other time
• Have children managing their own learning, learning from each other as well as from the teacher.
• ICT will be used effectively to enhance learning
• Enable the children to relate their learning to life.
• Ensure high confidence, and as a result of our efforts, standards will be even higher.
• Create learners who are passionate about learning
• Ensure that learners can articulate their thinking and be able to explain how they use school values to learn
• Include thinking and questioning in every lesson and in any learning experience
- Spring term planning y3.pdf
- Spring term planning Year 4.pdf
- Spring term planning Year 5.pdf
- Collaton St Mary Curriculum Map 2014 National Curriculum v4 (2).docx
- Evolution Meduim Term Plan.pdf